APPLY TO BE A CANDIDATE
Applications are being called by the Australian Country Party for new members and current members to become candidates for the Federal election for all the various divisions of the House of Representatives and Senate positions of each State.
Australian citizens who nominate must be aware:
1. that they must be members of the party via the Membership page on the website
2. that all roles in ACP are currently volunteer, therefore unpaid as are endorsed candidate positions
3. that the next Federal election may not be until 2022
4. that ACP Executive will undertake a selection process for the best candidates based on their application through this page and based on applicants’ CVs and referee checks
5. that the current costs for being registered as a party candidate are $2000 for the House of Representatives and $2000 for the Senate and that endorsed party candidates will be required to make this payment to the Australian Electoral Commission
6. that the campaign costs are the endorsed candidates, however, the party may coordinate to assist lower campaign advertising costs
7. that endorsed candidates should aim to build their local grassroots supporter base so that new members in their locality can assist them at their various booths on election day
8. that endorsed candidates must not be dual citizens, have an unfinished criminal matter before any courts, be currently declared bankrupt or have a financial relationship with the Commonwealth.
9. that the selection process for endorsed candidates may involve an interview and the signing of an agreement
10. that any time after selection an endorsed candidate may become unendorsed by the ACP executive
11. that by filing this application to be a candidate I acknowledge that I have read ALL of the ACP POLICIES AND THE ACP CONSTITUTION and I hereby agree to abide by the ACP Rules, Policies and Constitution.